Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ready to Go

Okay, I think we're set.

We've been planning this trip for almost a year now (a good nine months, at least), so I'd say we're ready. If we haven't figured something out by now, it's probably not important (though I'm sure you'll hear all about it if this turns out to be untrue).

Just to give you an idea of what you can expect, I'm going to leave these lovely internet pictures in my post. The picture on the right is of Colmar, France, and the lower picture is of London. We'll be visiting both places, so if all goes well, you should be seeing similar shots later (of course, my pictures will undoubtedly be much better, since I'll be in them).

We'll be leaving from LAX on Wednesday night (Sept. 12) at 8:50pm. It's a direct, 11-hour flight to Heathrow Airport in London and according to sources close to me, this is about as long as a plane can fly without refueling. I don't know how accurate this is, but please say a prayer for us that we arrive safely and don't splash down somewhere because of a fuel miscalculation. . .

Anyway, we hope you enjoy our blog; we thought it would be a good way to keep in touch and let you know how our trip is going. Please feel free to comment or email us any time - we'd love to hear from you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember to call home once in awhile!

Dad

Anonymous said...

If I'm reading this right, you posted this at 1:52 in the morning!! MJ, how do you expect to be fit to travel if you don't get enough rest?!!
Love the new look! Can't wait to see all your beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to find a job while you're out there. I'm counting on a free place to stay during my next visit.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the plane. The big ones they fly over there can pretty much make it all the way around the world! Actually, what you have to worry about most is the leg cramps from sitting so long! And also hope you don't have some large person in front of you who decides to recline his seat for the entire flight, which is what happened to me on my return journey from Heathrow. Happy travels!

His Creations Photography said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to read more about your adventures and see your pics. I'm so glad you sent us the link!

G $ (Gary) said...

Hope you girls have a comfortable flight......we miss you both back here in Dago........hope you are going to be safe and yet enjoy yourselves.......you guys are always in my prayers.......try to be really tired when you get on the plane so maybe you sleep thru most of it! take care, God bless you.....G

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE! I am sooooooooooo happy for you two crazy kids. Have the time of your lives! (And drop a few prayers for me at the awesome Churches and whatnot. :P)

xoxo,
+ jennifer ann duszka

Cordelia said...

Where are you guys? I want to hear from you!!!